NZ’s second DREAM NETWORK A-NZ CONFERENCE, 5-8th October, 2017
Recently the Dream Network ran its second Conference, another very successful event. Check it out.
A seminar in session
Our theme of “Dreams – Imagination – Healing” drew an enrolment of 50 for another great Conference of the Dream Network. This included 3 Australians, 3 from the South Island, and 10 from Wellington, so the movement is spreading. We were a happy crowd, as you can see.
- The Franciscan Retreat Centre is an excellent venue, although some of the painting renovations were still in progress while we were there. The grounds are lovely, and the meals were excellent, as always.
- Our Keynote speakers were inspirational: Mark Skelding, eco-activist, challenged us to listen to the Dreams and Voices of the Earth in its current crisis; Elaine Kennis, a grief specialist, focused us on End-of-Life Dreams; and Claire Caldwell, visionary artist, shared her experience of the visions that have shaped her life’s work.
- A dozen more presenters demonstrated a variety of creative approaches to working with dreams, including in different fields of therapy, as well as self-awareness.
- A group of actors from Auckland Playback Theatre had the whole room rocking with laughter as they re-played some of the dream stories told by the audience.
- A final plenary Forum enabled our participants to provide thoughtful feedback, which will help to make the next Conference – on 3-6th October 2019 – even better!
From my own point of view as Convenor, I was delighted with how well our whole team in Auckland pulled together to manage the event so smoothly.
Margaret Bowater, President